The intent of the Duke Energy grants is to provide funds for classroom teachers for STEM education projects and programs. It is available to all schools in the Haywood County School system. Duke Energy would like to focus educational opportunities for students in its service region in the areas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- Grant applications will be accepted through Friday, October 30, 2020.
- Grant awards will be made by the Haywood County Schools Foundation by November 30, 2020.
- Grant applications must be complete in order to be considered for funding.
- Grant requests generally should not exceed $400.00.
- Partial funding may be provided.
- Duke Energy employees may visit classes to observe projects.
- Each project grantee must submit copies of invoices to the Haywood County Schools Foundation Executive Director.
- Requests should be submitted electronically using the below form.
The Duke Energy STEM Grant Application will be screened for funding by the Grant and Allocations Committee of the Haywood County Schools Foundation Board. The Grant and Allocations Committee will recommend funding to the Haywood County Schools Foundation Board based on STEM instructional educational value, realistic goals and objectives, budget and activities which have a positive and direct influence on students. The decision of the Haywood County Schools Foundation Board is final.
APPLICATION Deadline: Friday, October 30, 2020