The Robertson Scholarship Foundation was established through the voluntary contributions of employees of the Carolina Division of Champion Papers, Inc. as a perpetual tribute to Reuben B. Robertson for his continuous efforts in their behalf, and in recognition of his endless contributions toward the welfare of humanity. The Robertson Scholarship Foundation will provide educational scholarship assistance to worthy young men and young women at the college or university level. This is a renewable scholarship of $2,000 per year for four years.
• The scholarship is available to all children or legal stepchildren of active, retired or deceased employees of the Canton Mill or Waynesville Plant of Evergreen Packaging, Inc.
• Students must rank in the top third of their high school graduating class.
• Scholastic aptitude tests, high school records and personal biographies are required of each applicant.
• The scholarship program is for graduating high school seniors only.
• Winners must attend an accredited four-year institution of higher learning.
SELECTION PROCESS AND AWARDS
The Haywood County Schools Foundation has established a committee to review the applications. The process for selecting recipients of the scholarship will be through an impartial selection procedure established by the Board of Directors of the Robertson Scholarship Foundation. The selection process shall consist of a review and evaluation of the scholarship applications and possibly a personal interview. The Board of Directors of the Foundation will make the final decision on the recipients of this scholarship. The Board’s decision shall be final. The Haywood County Schools Foundation, Inc., a tax-exempt charitable foundation, will administer the scholarship fund.