The Betty Jean Henson Memorial Scholarship Fund has been established with the Haywood County Schools Foundation, Inc. to honor her commitment to education and learning. This scholarship has been established by family and friends and will be administered by the Haywood County Schools Foundation, Inc. This scholarship is available to seniors from Pisgah and/or Central Haywood High Schools.
• Graduating Senior from either Pisgah High or Central Haywood High in Haywood County.
• Participation in extracurricular activities.
• Demonstrated/Proven Financial Need
• Acceptance into a recognized University/College or Community College.
• Scholastic Achievement as demonstrated by a minimum 2.5 GPA
Selection Process and Award
The process for selecting recipients of the Betty Jean Henson Memorial Scholarship will be established by the Scholarship Committee. The Committee is to be composed of at least one teacher, guidance counselor, administrator, and a member of the Henson Family. A personal interview may be required. A single award will be given each year in the amount of $500.00. This award may only be used to cover tuition, books, or room/board. The Board’s decision shall be final. The Haywood County Schools Foundation, Inc., a tax-exempt charitable foundation, will administer the Betty Jean Henson Memorial Scholarship Fund.