The Howard A. Splitt Rotary Scholarships are designed to encourage young men and women to pursue a four-year college degree at a university in the N.C. University System after high school. Each year two $1,500 scholarships will be awarded. The scholarship may be renewed, but they will be in competition with new applicants.
• Graduating Senior from Tuscola High School
• Financial Need
• Merit: Each applicant must have at least a 3.0 grade point average in high school and a score of 900 or more on the SAT
• Demonstrate leadership potential and possess good moral force of character
• Each applicant must be in good health and demonstrate emotional stability
• Students must attend a University in the North Carolina University system.
• Recipients of the scholarship may re-apply for a second year, but they will compete with next year’s applicants.
A selection committee appointed by the Waynesville Rotary Club will review the applications and interview the most qualified applicants. Finalists will be chosen by the committee and submitted to the Waynesville Rotary Club’s Board of Directors for approval and will make a recommendation for the recipient of the scholarship. The Board of Directors of the Foundation will make the final decision on the recipient of this scholarship. The Board’s decision shall be final. The Haywood County Schools Foundation, Inc., a tax-exempt charitable foundation, will administer the scholarship fund.
PAYMENT OF AWARDS
Payment of scholarship awards will be made at the beginning of the school year or at the beginning of each semester. Checks will be made payable to the school for student’s account and will be forwarded to the financial aid office. A copy of the previous semester grades is required to be submitted to the Foundation before further payment will occur.