The Clyde Lions Club has established a scholarship fund with the Haywood County Schools Foundation, Inc. utilizing contributions by Lions Club members and a gift by Jack Somberg. The Haywood County Schools Foundation, Inc will administer the Memorial Scholarship Fund. This scholarship is available to all high school seniors in the Haywood County Public Schools who will be attending Haywood Community College.
• Graduating senior from Haywood County Schools
• Enrolled or accepted for enrollment in Haywood Community College
• Scholastic Achievement – Minimum of a C Average
• Seeking a degree which serves the community
• Financial Need
• Participation in extracurricular activities and involvement in community service
A committee, appointed by Haywood County Schools Foundation, will make the selection of recipients for the scholarship. The selection process shall consist of a review and evaluation of the scholarship application and possibly a personal interview. The Haywood County Schools Foundation will administer the Memorial Scholarship fund. The Board of Directors of the Foundation will make the final decision on the recipient of this scholarship. The Board’s decision shall be final. The Haywood County Schools Foundation, Inc., a tax-exempt charitable foundation, will administer the scholarship fund.