This scholarship has been created to as a memorial and honorary fund to remember the Ross and Lance families who have lived at Lake Junaluska for hundreds of years. This scholarship will be available to students graduating from a Haywood County Public School and $1000 will be awarded to one male and one female student.
• Graduating Senior from Haywood County Schools
• Participation in extracurricular activities with leadership roles
• Community service/ involvement
• Demonstrated/Proven Financial Need
• Acceptance into a recognized North Carolina University/College or Community College.
• Scholastic Achievement as demonstrated by a minimum 2.5 GPA
Selection Process and Award
The process for selecting recipients of the Junaluska Ross – Lance Scholarship will be established by the Scholarship Committee. The Committee is to be composed of three; Dr. Ross (or designee), Joyce Lackey (or designee) and Sharon Erwin- Smart (or designee). A personal interview may be required. The committee will make recommendations of three males and three females. The Haywood County Schools Foundation will make the final decision. The Haywood County Schools Foundation, Inc., a tax-exempt charitable foundation, will administer the Junaluska Ross-Lance Scholarship Fund.