Thomas C. Posey and Patricia P. Posey spent their entire careers as Haywood County School educators. They have established this scholarship to help insure that deserving high school graduates have an opportunity to attend college. This year up to $1,000 will be awarded.
• A Haywood County resident
• A graduating senior in the Haywood County Public Schools
• 2.5 grade point average or higher
• Demonstrated financial need
• Active in community service
• Preference given to students overcoming significant adversity
• Preference given to students planning to attend NC community college
ELECTION PROCESS AND AWARD
A selection committee of the Posey Family Scholarship will make a recommendation for the recipient of the scholarship. The Board of Directors of the Foundation will make the final decision on the recipient of this scholarship. The Board’s decision shall be final. The Haywood County Schools Foundation, Inc., a tax-exempt charitable foundation, will administer the scholarship fund.
PAYMENT OF AWARDS
Payment of scholarship awards will be made at the beginning of the school year or at the beginning of each semester. Checks will be made payable to the school for student’s account and will be forwarded to the financial aid office. A copy of the previous semester grades is required to be submitted to the Foundation before further payment will occur.